Students can be admitted to the program at any time that they meet either the freshman or transfer admission criteria of Northwestern depending on number of hours of college credit completed at the time of application. Course enrollment and programs and services for dual students are available based on the semester calendar.
Once accepted to the Bridge program, students may enroll in classes at any NOC campus in Tonkawa, Enid or Stillwater, as well as any Northwestern campus in Alva, Enid or Woodward. Academic advisors are available at each campus.
IMPORTANT! STUDENTS MUST APPLY FOR THE BRIDGE PROGRAM BEFORE GRADUATING FROM NOC!
Benefits of the Bridge Program
Ease of transfer between NOC and Northwestern
A special Northwestern scholarship is being offered to Bridge students.
To expand opportunities for higher education in northwestern Oklahoma
Bridge students will have access to student services, such as library and computer labs, at all campus locations in the dual-based program. (Fee based student services and campus activities will be available to dually admitted students who have paid these fees.)
Bridge students will be issued ID cards granting access to services and activities.
Students may reside in NOC campus housing on a space available basis.
Eligible students will be able to participate in all recognized student organizations at both institutions.
Students can apply to both NOC and NWOSU by using the convenient Bridge program application form.
The admission requirements to the Bridge program for freshmen include:
- Have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 940; or
- Be ranked in the top 50 percent of your high school class and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7; or
- Have a 2.7 GPA in the 15 units of required high school courses; or
- Be admitted under alternative admission if ACT is 17, 18 or 19 OR high school GPA is 3.0 and ACT is 16.
Requirements for transfer students include:
- Have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale; and
- Provide a transcript from each college attended with application for admission.
- Fewer than 24 hours earned requires a high school transcript and ACT/SAT.
- Greater than 24 hours earned may require a high school transcript and ACT/SAT depending on transfer courses taken.
Link for NOC/NWOSU Bridge Program.